So on Friday I found out that it is incredibly easy to break into my house!!! The good news is that it was me breaking in and nobody else but to be honest that doesn't make me feel that much better. The story begins with an innocent trip to the store to get milk. I load both boys in the minivan and off we go. First time (honestly) that I have left the house without bringing a diaper bag of any kind cuz we are just going to get milk. We get back to the house and I push the button to open the garage and nothing. It opens about an inch and then closes. I try over and over and over. By this point Dylan is crying cuz its time for him to eat. I start to think how am I going to get into my house. We don't use the front door so I don't even have keys to the front on my keychain. When I remember that we hid keys for this very reason a glimmer of hope hit me but then I remembered that when we hid those keys we didn't have any kids and that meant we never locked the screen door so again I am out of luck. I go over everything I can think of in my head.....back door..no thats locked....windows...all shut and locked......side door...don't have a key for that hidden!!!!
We are off to my mom's where thankfully she has some bottles that she uses for my niece Annika. I leave the boys there and go back to my house armed with 2 screwdrivers...one a phillips and one a flathead. I am convinced that I am going to have to break my screen door and replace it which means time and money that I don't have. To make a long story short (ok I know too late) I make sure everything I thought was locked is locked and decide I am going to try my bedroom window with the screwdriver. They do it in movies right so why not? 2 seconds...literally 2 seconds to pop the lock and get my window open!!!!! Good news was that I got into my house.....bad news is that it seems anyone can if they want to!!!
End of an Era
17 years ago


.jpg)
3 comments:
Ooh, that would make me nervous too! A lot of houses are probably easy to break into. I should try it here.
Happy Birthday!
Love, Carol, Ron & Kids
Oh time for new window locks
oh my gosh ! i have lost track of time .. well i dont even know the date...Happy Birthday court!!
Post a Comment