Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nature Walk













Today the boys and I went to El Dorado Park to go for a nature walk and then to the park. Zach had so much fun. We went on the 1 mile walk and in the beginning he was running ahead but by the end he was trailing just a bit. Dylan seemed to enjoy himself. Daddy walked around with him and he just "hung out" the entire time. I have to admit that it was a beautiful day for the walk. The trees are so majestic and you feel like you are walking in a forest somewhere. It definetly did not feel like the freeway was just feet away. Only when we could hear the 605 and when we got to this one part where the power lines are very prominent did you remember where you were. Zach was pointing everything out including the power lines from then on.
The pictures are out of order but hopefully they show how much fun we had!!!!!
As is evident from the pictures Dylan is a big boy!! He is almost 6 months old (crazy) and growing like a weed. He has been sleeping weird at nite....sometimes he wakes up and screams..sometimes he sleeps the whole nite. There have been a few time where I have had to pick him up and he has slept on me for the nite which is not that pleasant. Like I said he is a giant and can make it difficult for me to breathe. Last nite we decided to win the battle. He started crying around 1130 after having been asleep for 3 hours. We went in a couple times to give him his paci but he just kept crying. We were determined to win and even thought my stomache literally started hurting we waited and waited and waited. 45 MINUTES later we go back in and literally just stand over his crib and look at him. As soon as we walk in he stops crying everytime and this was no different so we just stared at him while he stared at us. We waited about 3 minutes said good nite again and walked out and somehow it worked!!! I keep telling myself we may have won the battle but I doubt we won the war. We will see tonite!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Zach leaning on the fallen log and looking off into the trees is awesome!

jackson'smama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jackson'smama said...

I so remember those nights of letting him cry. Wait, I still have those nights sometimes! : ) It's torture, isn't it??