So I have to share this story cause it is a great example of the sort of things that happen in our day to day. My husband decided that he wanted a dutch oven because a lot of the recipes that we have looked at call for such a thing. I looked one up and found it online at Target. After paying what I thought was a good price for the pot and a ridiculous price for shipping it has been used as a very heavy front door stop. Anyways, Mark decided it was time to use it so this weekend he is making chili for the big Dolphin vs Charger game!!!! Anyhoo...the oven has all these instructions including how to "season" the oven before you even use it the first time. Basically it calls for Crisco to rubbed on the "surface" of the over. The reason I emphasize surface is because its that word that is the reason for this entry. I told my husband surface meant the inside of the pot including the bottom and sides....basically anything food will touch. For some reason he thought it may have meant the outside of the pot. The instructions had one of those phone numbers to call if you have any questions and he wanted me to call them today and ask them. I must have told him NO ten different times. So today me and the boys went to Daddy's work for lunch and visited at his office before we left.Mark asked me if I had called about the oven which led to him explaining to his co workers about the Dutch oven and asking what they thought surface meant. I chimed in what I thought and that I refused to call. His boss said it best when he said if we had called and asked it would have gone on the list of stupidest questions of ALL TIME!!! Mark now believes me when I tell him surface is whatever the food will touch....meaning the bottom and insides of the pot!!!! Craziness I tell ya!!!
GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO DOLPHINS!!! GO ANGELS!!!!


.jpg)
3 comments:
Sounds like Mark has baby brain! : )
Ok I was cracking up reading this.. I cannot laugh too much because your husband has actually read a recipe and knows what a dutch oven is...let alone wants one!! But that is really hysterical..I kept waiting for the part when you walked in and found him greasing the outside of the oven
This was just too funny!! Steve & Mark have something in common...he wants a Dutch Oven also, has seen many shows on TV that do recipes when camping; wants mine. However...FYI....no tomato sauce in cast iron. Acid in tomato not good for the pot.
Post a Comment