Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My 2 sons!!!!

Both my boys are sleeping right now so instead of doing the same here I am adding more pics of them to this blog. I was lucky to get to sleep in today as my husband did not have to be to work til later in the day. I can honestly say that I am not really tired right now which is just amazing to me. Of course if you asked me yesterday if I was tired I would have said yes cause Monday night was not the best night for sleeping. The littlest angel who is usually really good at night had the worst night since he was born. Now I know its not going to sound so bad but for me it was a tough night. He generally gets up around 2 am and is back down by 230am and then not up again till 6 am. Well Monday nite we got up a little early, just after 1 am, and didn't go back down til 3am!! Granted we weren't just hanging out doing nothing....it took the usual 30 minutes to drink the 6 oz and get burps. Then when I was putting him back into his crib...literally about to set him down...he got the hiccups. He generally gets them once a day but usually during the day and these were bad hiccups so I knew he wasn't going to go back to sleep. After rocking him and trying to get the hiccups out of him with burps I got up to make him a little more food thinking that would help. Turns out all I had to do was stand up cause they stopped. By this time it was approaching 230am and I was thinking he hasn't pooped yet and we usually poop at the 2am feeding. So just as I was about to put him down again he started the grunting. I won't go into too much detail but lets just says he grunted, I changed his diaper which had a malt ball size deposit, he grunted again, another malt ball but this time when it was removed it was followed by a rather large squirt of you know what. Luckily I had the diaper on still and caught it all. Never was I so happy to have him poop after 2 hours of messing around. After that he went back down in his crib and didn't get up till 6 am. If Zachary didn't wake me up at 730 Dylan and I would have slept till 10:00. Oh well,,,the joys of motherhood!!! Zachary with his new stuffed animal from Aunt Carol
Dylan at the park (3 weeks old and already holding his head says the proud mother)

5 comments:

CCRichardson said...

Hi, Courtney!

Well, this is sure bringing back some memories! It's funny though -- my kids are 8, 6, and 2 1/2 and I still have to deal with a lot of poop. The youngest isn't potty trained yet, and, well, let's just say I do get some use out of the plunger (kids just can't seem to remember to flush, and if you don't have one of those vacuums or carpet cleaners that can suck up water, you might want to get one in case you decide to run over to the neighbor's for a few minutes to look at their new bird and that's when the toilet overflows). And it seems like I always get up once or twice during the night and do something before going back to bed, even though my kids usually sleep all the way through (the youngest cries or yells for me every once in a while). It's hard to get used to sleeping 7 or 8 hours straight when you've spent the last few years sleeping just a few hours at a time, I guess.

It sounds like you're doing great! Keep up the good work.

Best Wishes,
Carol
Medford, Oregon

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness...I never thought I would know someone else like Aunt Sheri and Aunt Mush...The detailed information you gave sounds just like the E-mails between our moms!!!! Just kidding-Funny-I will definetly read your blogs- kinda fun!!
Love K

Court said...

Hey Carol- Thanks for all the advice. I look forward to the potty training experiences. Right now Zach just loves to flush the toilet so hopefully he will keep up that habit.

Court

Court said...

Hey Krista--
Glad you enjoyed the blog. Thanks for the comments. Its nice to know that someone is reading the blog and enjoying it.
Court

Ayleen said...

Courtney,
You are indeed your mother's daughter. So poop oriented! So glad you have put this blog up. Allows those of us way up here to hear about and see pictures of the kids. Good job!

Ayleen & Mark