Friday, October 10, 2008

Where's your brothers boppy?

Today we had an interesting morning. After Dylan not sleeping so great last nite which meant me not sleeping so great I was a little tired this morning. Big bro Zach got up just after 8am which normally is great but Mommy was really tired. Since Dylan was finally sleeping (and of course Zach was up now) I stayed in my bed while Zach watched Little Einsteins on mommy's tv. I was so tired that I was falling in and out of sleep while Zachary was singing along to his show and pat,pat patting to make red rocket fly. Zach decides he is done with tv but not before he was going through Daddy's drawer next to his bed. and run back and forth from the living room (where Dylan is) to the bedroom. He likes to play with these toy handcuff keys (don't ask) that are in the drawer. So I finally get up and we go have breakfast and then start to get ready to go to Grandma's. I wake up Dylan and I am changing his diaper when I hear the toilet flush. Normally that isn't that surprising and I figured this time its not different. Zach is just flushing the toilet. I go tell him to stop and then go to Dylan's swing where I clearly remember having put his boppy is his mouth earlier in the morning. I ask Zach if he has seen his bro's boppy and he says "yeah". For those of you that don't know he is pretty much saying "yeah" to everything but most of the time he does know where the boppy is so I believe him. Next thing I know he runs into the bathroom and points to the toilet. At this point I am thinking no way!! I asked him did you flush your brothers boppy..."yeah"....are you sure you flushed it..."yeah"...Zachary did you really put it in the toilet...."yeah".
Ok so I am starting to freak out just a bit thinking the boppy is really in toilet and what does that mean for the plumbing. I try flushing the toilet hoping it will come back up and I see nothing. I want to punish Zach but at the same time I didn't know if he was just saying "yeah" or if he really did it.
I get Dylan's back up boppy and continue to look all around his swing and anywhere else that Zach may put it. Just as I am about to open the garage it hits me that Zach was running around in the living room while I was still in bed and he was going through Daddy's drawer. I ask Zach did you put it Daddy's drawer..."yeah".
You can't imagine the relief I felt when I opened that drawer and the boppy was right there!!!!
Now I am just hoping that I didn't give Zach any ideas about flushing it down the toilet!!

2 comments:

Marla said...

Too funny!! Busy busy with two baby boys!!! I remember when I could not find my camera and Emilie had thrown it in the full bathtub..!! Fun fun!

Anonymous said...

I would like to know why you even had to mention the handcuffs??????
K